The Chaplaincy Team are trained, experienced and passionate people who provide pastoral care and support to Hope Christian College students on behalf of Craigmore Christian Church.
They offer a unique dimension of spiritual care and support. They are positive role models who bring genuine compassion, understanding and practical ongoing support to students and families.
The Chaplaincy Team are not a counselling service but rather seek to support the school in its aim to be a safe and supportive learning environment, seeing each student fulfil their potential. Linking families to community resources and services and also providing encouragement and support for the students in their spiritual lives.
To do this the Chaplaincy Team will:
- Participate in a wide range of school community activities, and support teachers, to contribute to creating a caring and inclusive learning environment within the school.
- Provide initial support or information to students, staff and other school community members.
- Offer support or information with regard to critical situations, grief and family breakdown.
- Be available to provide ongoing support to individuals and/or families.
- Provide additional opportunities for families to feel supported.
- Provide information about, and be a link to, the support and services provided through community groups, including church groups, local council and government agencies.
- Be a mandated notifier, and thus be required to report any suspected abuse or neglect to Families S.A.
- Be available to give input into health and social education courses (e.g. in the areas of grief, self-esteem, values or relationships).
- Be available to give assistance (where appropriate) with camps, excursions and voluntary clubs or groups in the school.